Helping Hands Outreach
Unfortunately in an effort to adhere to the CDC social distancing recommendations and prevent the spread of COVID 19, the Helping Hands Outreach is suspended until further notice. This is in an effort to protect our current residents, staff, volunteers and the new prospective clients from the potential spread of the virus. Our Social Services offices will be closed until further notice. If you are looking to apply for Access Florida click here. We will be closely monitoring this situation and providing updates as they become available. Should you have questions regarding COVID 19 please click here for the CDC website. Our prayer is for peace and healing for everyone impacted by this pandemic. If you would like to help New Beginnings maintain services and prepare to expand capacity following this pandemic click here to become a Partner of HOPE.
We will still be screening on housing applications. First step is to complete the online intake application. You may complete the application here. You should receive a call back within 2 business days.
Our Helping Hands Outreach is in 2 locations every Saturday from 10:30 a.m to 12:30 p.m. in:
- Kissimmee: New Beginnings Thrift Store on 192
- Winter Garden: at the West Orange Neighborhood Center for Families (also known as the Mildred Dixon Center) located at 303 S. West Crown Point Road in Winter Garden
This weekly event is meant to build a relationship with people in need. After registering, clients can receive:
- a bag of emergency groceries and canned goods
- gently used clothes and shoes
- a hot meal prepared by a volunteer group from the community
- an appointment for additional services, including the possibility of entering our homeless rehabilitation program.
Both outreaches are run by compassionate volunteers from the community. If you or your group wants to serve the homeless or those in danger of being homeless, there are many ways you can get involved. Contact us today at [email protected] to learn more, or submit your online application to serve as a volunteer.