The following article was adapted from Elle.com.
Are you a thrifter? When you shop at New Beginnings Thrift Stores, you help contribute 70% of the cost of our program to the homeless. That’s why we we want to help you be the best thrifter you can be!
1. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION
Elle.com says to avoid ritzy places due to higher prices. We’re in Clermont and Kissimmee. You can either follow those links to the store nearest you or review this map for our thrift stores and visit them both!
2. SEARCH FOR DISCOUNTS
Senior? Veteran? Teacher? We offer specific discounts for our thrifters throughout the week:
- Monday, our books, music and movies are just 4 for $1.
- Tuesday, we offer Senior Savings. That equals 20% off ENTIRE purchase.
- Wednesday is our Managers Special. Stop in and save big.
- Thursday is Service Industry Day, providing 20% off ENTIRE purchase.
- Friday is Public Service Appreciation Day, providing 20% off ENTIRE purchase.
- Veterans save 15% every day.
We offer even more discounts Thursday through Saturday. Uncover the details of our weekend specials at our thrift stores by following us on Facebook (choose either Clermont or Kissimmee) or just follow them both!
3. LEARN WHAT YOU CAN FIX
It is possible to fix something that’s scuffed or needs to be sewn. Elle.com says you can fix some items with a Sharpie. Just know what is repairable and don’t be afraid to improve something.
4. LOOK FOR SHOES WITH SLIGHT DEFECTS
While you’ll end up spending an extra $20 to do so, those Chloe or Prada boots might just need a new sole. You might have to make regular visits to find the good stuff, but this could be your lucky day.
5. HAVE SOME FUN
It’s a great feeling when someone compliments you and then asks where you got it.
It is even better when you get to say, “Oh, it’s thrifted.”
Suddenly, you are mysterious, cool and changing lives (that is, if you bought it at New Beginnings Thrift Store!)